[78-L] "Buccaneer" lacquers..info please?

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Wed Jun 16 13:00:06 PDT 2010

Hi David,

I have 3 10" 5 disc sets of Boulton's recordings;  I wish I had a lot more. Two are Victor sets: P10, Indian Music of the SW [ie native American Indians], vol.1 & P49, African Music, Vol. 1.  I also have a 10" set of her work titled "Belgian Congo Records"; label reads "Denis-Roosevelt African Expedition" & published by the expedition.

I'd very much like to know more about her published work & where her materials went.  Perhaps the Univ. of Chicago is a place to start.

I'd also appreciated some insight on the Victor P series in general as I've never see a catalog or list.

Cheers,

duane

On Jun 16, 2010, at 1:46 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> I have 10 lacquers with flaking labels (discs are fine, thank you) of material recorded in Haiti, Havana and Nassau, all with "Collection of Laura C. Bolton" around the upper circumference, "Buccaneer" hand written across each label, "1936" for date, and non-sequential numbers like 38A backed with 52. Dances, calypso numbers (I think) like "Miss Tidy, Lend Me Your Pigeon" etc..what exactly is the source for these?
>
> dl

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.
PO Box 37066 St. Louis, MO 63141 USA
v/f 314 205 1388 thedoctor at discdoc.com