[78-L] Eddie Cantor dates

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Tue Jun 15 06:53:32 PDT 2010

Actually I got the information on these from the original Capitol ledgers
which is probably where Michel got his info.

Scott
Mosaic Records

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Randy Watts <rew1014 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [78-L] Eddie Cantor dates
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Just a thought, but the Capitol EDDIE CANTOR STORY sides are soundtrack
recordings, aren't they? Since the movie was released in early 1954, it
seems they would have had to have been recorded much earlier than the
previous October. (I know that's the date in Ruppli's Capitol discog. A
Capitol CD release of Cantor's "Makin' Whoopee" gives the same recording
date.)

Randy