[78-L] Red Seal 10" data needed

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 15:21:47 PDT 2010

Don Chichester wrote:
> Can someone tell me the recording dates for:

> 3019  MacCormack/Kreisler: Tales of Hofman--Bacarolle
>
>                                       Serenade
=============
 From McCormack disco:

10 MAY 1916, Camden.
With Fritz Kreisler, violin obbligato and Edwin Schneider, piano. 77.43 rpm:
For All Eternity (Mascheroni)

B 17653-1    unpublished

Serenade (Raff)

B 17654-1    unpublished

B 17654-2    87258     3019      4-2953    DA 456    -----       GEMM
157      GEMM CD 9315
              87552                                               SC 889

LES CONTES D'HOFFMANN (Offenbach): Beauteous night, 0 night of love
(Barcarolle)

B 17655-1    87245     3019      5-2153    DA 456    -----       GEMM
132      GEMM CD 9315
              87551                                               GEMM 157++
With orchestra conducted by Walter B. Rogers. 76.00 rpm:
DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NÜRENBERG (Wagner): Morning was gleaming (Prize Song).
     With Francis J. Lapitino, harp.

C 17656-1     74479     6209      02846     DB 329    -----
VIC-1393      -----
                                             VB 7                 GEMM 160++