[78-L] [ARSCLIST] Modern Marvels on History Channel)

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Jun 11 10:19:18 PDT 2010

I watched part of it... twice. Missed the beginning both times. It ran
at 6pm and again at 9pm here. I enjoyed the show even if the disc they
announced as "vinyl" was actually a lacquer. No mention or view of the
standard shellac pressing which was industry standard for 50 years. The
Decca (I think it was a Decca) shown on the turntable following the
"vinyl" shot actually was a 1950s era plastic record (not shellac).
I, for one, would have liked to see more time devoted to sound
preservation, but ya can't have everything!
Mal

*******