[78-L] Ethnic [was Sidney & the Lion play calypso]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 12:38:01 PDT 2010

  >     One note to everyone who is listening to these records, they are NOT
> jazz records, but ethnic music - so I listen to them with my "world
> music" ears .... just don't expect any great solos by Bechet, Smith or
> Roane.
> Yves François
>

> OK..please send me your ears by air. I'll pay.
>
> Al Simmons
Because the music is "ethnic"/"world music" doesn't mean it can't be
boring. Take the difference between Western Swing and Country Music of
the 1930s. Whilst they sound superficially similar, the latter, which is
more "ethnic" than the former, tends to be repetitive and boring.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5183 (20100608) __________

http://www.eset.com