[78-L] Lang-Worth 8" transcriptions

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jun 4 12:21:21 PDT 2010

From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> Ever listen to any of your Lang-Worth discs? Or do they just sit
> unplayed in your record collection?

I'm not sure I can easily get to that 16-inch shelf where those are, but
I have used the 8-inchers I have a few times.  We had the whole set at
Temple University, and they pitched them out a year or so after I left.
I took the small group that was set aside for use on a comedy show I
engineered, and all of the announcement discs by singers and
bandleaders.  My favorite tune is "Going back to Brooklyn" by a novelty
group like the Hooser Hot Shots (can't remember the name that was used).
 I dubbed it off for my daughter when she moved to Brooklyn.  Not sure
if she ever played it on her show.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com