[78-L] Lang-Worth 8" transcriptions

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 4 12:14:25 PDT 2010

> From: bratcher at pdq.net
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Lang-Worth 8" transcriptions
>
> At 09:44 AM 6/4/2010, you wrote:
>
> >CI 81 is Modernaires+Paula Kelly. That's the highest number I have,
> >although I've had one of the Fats Waller discs (got a good trade for
> >it decades ago). For what it's worth, I have about half the listed
> >CI discs. No spare copies. I also have long runs of many of the
> >dance bands such as Ray Anthony, Edmundo Ros etc with quite a few duplicates.
> >

> >dl
> >

> Ever listen to any of your Lang-Worth discs? Or do they just sit
> unplayed in your record collection? I've played the small number of
> 16" Lang-Worths I own several times since I bought each one but don't
> own any 8" other than one disc I hope to win on Ebay over the next
> few days. It will get played if I happen to win it....

Who LISTENS to records?! That aside, I've used tracks from these LWs on numerous occasions when I needed a contemporary version of a song for a compilation, and the quality of the Count Basie tracks was decent enough for inclusion on a CD a few years ago. Offer me enough money and I'll sell you my entire cabinet's worth (about 500, minus the CIs). There's a demo disc as well, for a 1950 Broadcasters Convention.