[78-L] Lang-Worth 8" transcriptions

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 3 07:18:42 PDT 2010

It would have made sense for them to start numbering each series from 1. I have several hundred of these discs, but one random pile (not separated into categories) contains PC (Pop Concert Orchestra), SS (Salon and Light Music), OR (some violin solos but with organ accompaniment, hence OR). There are also yellow labels on many..white for ASCAP publications and yellow for non-ASCAP. Lang-Worth was founded in anticipation of the problems the radio industry was eventually going to have with ASCAP in the early 40s.

dl