[78-L] 78's at "Sally Ann"

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Wed Jun 2 19:14:00 PDT 2010

I did this once.  I unloaded about 1100 78s - common, duplicate big band stuff from the 40s - among 4 different Goodwills near me as I didn't want to overwhelm any one of them.  These are stores I've bought 78s at before so I knew they'd take them.

I went back to all of them a short while later and none of them had ever put them out. In fact, it seemed they were reducing the area where they had records. They must have someone who they'll call when records come in.  Of course, they're not supposed to do that but what else could it be? I can't believe all 4 stores would have dumped them all.

Glenn