[78-L] How Bing Crosby morphed into Frank Sinatra.!!!!!! [FWD]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 2 14:59:43 PDT 2010

Even in the 30s, many "professional" studios produced horrible recordings that were issued by specialty labels. Musicraft recorded Alec Templeton for Gramophone Shop, The Revuers and the Cradle Will Rock cast album for its own label and an undermiked Josh White-Sidney Bechet collaboration issued by Blue Note, and the results were no better than you'd get on your own home disc cutter recording Uncle Moishe at his sister's 75th birthday party.