[78-L] Info on Johann Strauss electrical

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Wed Jun 2 08:42:19 PDT 2010

It's a little confusing.  From the website supplied:

Johann Strauss III (1866-1939) was an Austrian composer, son of Eduard
Strauss and grandson of Johann Strauss I. He was unofficially entrusted with
the task of upholding his family's tradition after the disbandment of the
Strauss Orchestra by his father in 1901. His talents were not fully realised
during his lifetime as musical tastes have changed in the Silver Age with
more popular composers such as Lehár and Oscar Straus dominating the
Viennese musical scene with their operettas although his uncle, Johann
Strauss II supervised his development as a musician, a fact disputed by
Eduard Strauss.

Strauss II was brother to Eduard but not father of III so III is not nephew
to I he is, indeed grandson, no?

Ron L