[78-L] Jimmie Rodgers

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Jun 1 13:20:10 PDT 2010

This is your lucky day. Leadbelly's "Daddy I'm Coming Back to You" is Rodgers' "Daddy and Home," recorded for ARC on Feb. 5, 1935. It was unissued but has since been reissued on the Biograph LP "Good Morning Blues" BLP-12013. It was also issued on the Folkways 10" LP, "Legacy, Vol. 3" (FA-2024) and no doubt on CD since then.

Cary Ginell