[78-L] Voice Of America Dates

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon May 31 06:53:04 PDT 2010

From: Alan Bunting <alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com>
> can anyone come up with issue dates for Voice Of America 16"
> transcriptions with catalogue numbers from PO 28 to PO 141.
> Just blocks of numbers with the year of issue would be sufficient.
> Alan Bunting

Actually the lack of response about the topic itself is due to the
unfamiliarity with what these would be.  I assume that they are
pressings since you mention "issue" dates.  VOA material could not
legally be distributed in the U.S. by the VOA itself, so we don't see
these in the U.S.  Mentioning what the content is would help.  Are these
talks, narrated music programs, music library discs?  The expert on
these might possibly be Mike Gray who was record librarian for VOA for
many years.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com