[78-L] What goes around...turns up on eBay

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun May 30 19:17:04 PDT 2010

From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> The idea was for radio stations to syndicate my country programming. I got
> 5 stations to run "The Bob Wills Story," a 10-hour documentary that I
> produced. One of the stations that bought it was owned by Jimmy Dean (yes,
> the sausage king and singer of "Big Bad John") in Plainview, Texas. I got
> to ride in the Plainview parade that year. Felt like Barney Fife returning
> to Mayberry. After that, I ran out of money trying to phone stations'
> program directors and had to go get a real job. So, if anyone still wants
> to run my show, give me a call. I'm not sending them out on 7-inch
> reel-to-reel tapes, though. Will have to figure out another format...

Simple! High (higher than average) definition MP3 files! .Wav files would be
much too
large...and the various other sound-file formats are very likely to be
NON-compatible
for potential buyers/users! Also, note that these could be sold via the
Internet to
individual listeners; this is currently being used by musicians to
merchandise
their recordings...!

Steven C. Barr