[78-L] Voice Of America Dates

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun May 30 22:04:57 PDT 2010

From: "Alan Bunting"

From: "neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com" <neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com>
> Some records would be OT for this list, but questions about any
> pre-LP format would not fit in that class.  joe salerno

Actually we have often indicated we cover the "78 era" which would
include the 1950s and microgrooves especially as they relate to
simultaneous issues of 78s and re-issues.  We also discuss tape and
wire.   Broadcast transcriptions are ALWAYS on-topic, as are the early
RCA LPs from 1931 called Program Transcriptions even though these two
categories run at 33.  In the re-issue category, earlier this evening I
read Norm Cohen's great article in the new Spring 2010 ARSC Journal
about the RCA Vintage series.  We have often discussed this series and
you should all read this article which tells the story from the inside.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com