[78-L] Sugar In The Morning....

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun May 30 15:44:57 PDT 2010

BMI shows Odis Echols, Sr. & Charlie Phillips as the writers. Whether they adapted the melody from the public domain or not, I can't say for sure. Echols was the lead singer for the Stamps Quartet, which got its start in 1924, so it's possible he wrote the melody by the time "Animal Crackers" came out.

Cary Ginell