[78-L] crying, weeping, sobbing

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat May 29 05:24:30 PDT 2010

I remember a Lightnin' Hopkins recording with a sobbing woman, and see in the blues dg:

29-7-1953:
Cemetary Blues - "Crying dubbed" - De 48312.
Very unpleasant, and not often reissued.
Previous titles on this excellent session were Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, and
2 other tracks were on the great German anthology Bad Luck Blues, and are among
Lightnin's best.

Han Enderman
===
>>> Are there any titles not ABOUT weeping, but with actual weeping sounds?
The only examples that come to my mind are the "Sobbing record" (Pathe
032036), and Atcher's "I'm thinking to-night of my blues eyes" (OKeh
05134). Are there any others?

Dr. Rainer E. Lotz
Birgit Lotz Verlag
Rotdornweg 81