[78-L] Jimmie Rodgers box set

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed May 26 16:09:19 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM, DAVID BURNHAM <burnhamd at rogers.com>
wrote:
> Well obviously I'm not going to throw this set in the garbage and even
> if I did, the company still got their money. This set cost $60.

SIXTY DOLLARS??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Amazon list is $28.98 and there are new copies at $21.53 and $2.98
postage.  On Amazon.ca it is a BARGAIN at CDN$24.99 with marketplace new
copies at the same price.

> Perhaps the Jimmie Rodgers museum should be notified that they are selling
> illegal copies since the Rodgers estate must have liscensed the material
> to Bear Family.  db

I can think of a few other choice words you should add.  You had
mentioned that they would probably get more visitors at a lower
admission price.  They would get MUCH more sales at a REASONABLE price.
Your other suggestion that they discount the admission price into sales
prices is not anywhere near enough!  Their brochure and display at the
state Welcome Center does not give their admission price, days and hours
of operation, nor their GPS-type address.  With the roadblocks and not
"warning" me that they would be closed on my way back, it is as if they
didn't want anybody knowledgeable to show up!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Date: Wed, May 26, 2010 5:15 pm
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

Why so sure JSP is pirating, give me some proof!