[78-L] Decca blue label

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed May 26 12:25:23 PDT 2010

See Ty's Decca list.
In the main series, the last blue one is 4455 Hoosier Hot Shots (9/18/44).
De 4461 was released later, IIRC to add a new coupling to the Basie album.
Last race issue is 8673 by Coleman Brothers (9/20/45).

Decca labels were discussed here long ago, and it was reported that the series
(at least in the 40s) had fixed prices.
Thus the blue and brown series could exist at the same time,
and slowly the cheaper blue series was discontinued,
first in the main pop series.

Han Enderman
===
>>> It was some time late in 1945 when the last blue label Decca was issued.
As for the last title, that would depend on which series you're talking about.
I have the info at home but I'm someone here has the Ruppli books which will tell you.
The last hillbilly number was 6112: Ernest Tubb (It's Been So Long, Darling/Should I Come Back Home to You), recorded 9/11/45.
I believe there was some overlap between the end of the blue and the start of the brown labels.

Cary Ginell
---
Can someone on the list tell me the date when Decca discontinued their blue label,
and began the familiar brown label?
I would further like to know, if possible, the title and artist on the last blue label offering.
Bud
<<<