[78-L] Jimmie Rodgers-Glenn Miller

rockined1 at aol.com rockined1 at aol.com
Wed May 26 09:33:39 PDT 2010

Victor never had luck with subsidiary labels  [X, Vik, Groove, Gale--all lasted less than two years]

Yes. It was one of several experimental labels that failed before Victor settled
n Bluebird. The others were Sunrise and Electradisk. The Sunrises are the
carcest. I have one faded copy. I have several Timely Tunes and maybe a half
ozen Electradisks.None of the three labels lasted for more than a few months.