[78-L] NOLA ARSC report: live music - RAmm's report

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 18:56:26 PDT 2010

 Still sorting through my REGULAR mail so no time for a long report but I saw MUSIC every night.

Tuesday I got the last spsce (right in front) for 10pm set at PH. It was Shannon Powell's band and Leon "Kid Chocolate" Brown - who I saw at Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse in October (I LOVE IM's place) was on Trumpet. Wednesday a few of us (Cary, Rainer and Chuck Haddix) went to IM's to see IM Play. Thursday I stopped somewhere - I forget. Friday was Leon again in a different style. Preceeded by David Sager sitting in with Banu Gibson at the Bombay Club. (The whole LOC group was in attendance too.). Oh yeah. The evening started with Sager and DAvid Boeginghaus playing at Louisiana Music Factory for the CD release party.

Saturday night was the banquet with Tom Sancton's trio.

Sunday night I was going to go to PH to see Sancton but it was too hot. So went to Palm Court where Boedinghaus was in the band and so was..... (ta da!) Leon Brown in STILL another style of playimg. The kid is good. Add to that 89 year okld Lionel Batiste - who ebnded up dancing wild moves with a 94 year old woman (who I captured on video) and it was fun. A quick stop at IM's to catch that set before hitting the hay and returning on Monday.

Steve