[78-L] NOLA ARSC report: live music

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 25 07:29:48 PDT 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
The club I chose to go into on Thursday was The Spotted Cat, a tiny bar
with a bandstand in the front window. I caught the last set by Sophie
Lee, a Korean singer who sings '30s era swing numbers with a kicking
little string band (violin, guitar, string bass, drums, and piano).
Sophie sang "Swing Brother Swing" as Billie Holiday might have with
Teddy Wilson's orchestra and then also did a nice Ella-esque version of
"Undecided." The violin player, who I believe is Matt Rhody, also
doubled on trumpet, something I haven't seen other than Curt Massey of
the old Massey Family.
Ray Nance played trumpet and violin and also sang as did Massey.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5144 (20100525) __________

http://www.eset.com