[78-L] Kirsten Flagstad white label pressings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 24 20:56:39 PDT 2010

What can anyone tell me about two Kirsten Flagstad 78s I unpacked today? 12-inch with white HMV labels pasted over what may be blank white labels, and both containing Schubert songs. And it looks as if the titles are typed. No numbers or matrix numbers on the labels, but 1118/1 and 1118/2 in the wax on one disc (as well as the letters G di B) and 1173/1 and 1173/2 on the other, with no initials. Unfortunately the discs are not in great shape.