[78-L] repairing the records

umashankar umashanks at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 20:09:03 PDT 2010

i have an idea. not tried it out, but it should work. put the record on a very flat surface and arrange all pieces togethr.cut a half inch cardboard strip and fix it round the rim (this also helps line up the pieces.) use Smoothon two part polysulfide casting compound and take a mould of the record. (you can then repeat the process for the second side.Smooth on also has a two part epoxy compound to cast your records. the surface of the casting is very smooth, so the noise you will have is the noise of the 78 rpm record itself.

umashankar
 i have published my poems. you can read (or buy) at http://stores.lulu.com/umashankar