[78-L] Name the band

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 08:01:26 PDT 2010

Ron (and David maybe you have another one of these records there?)
   I wonder if the more commercial OLD MAN MOSE that was recorded for a jukebox there from the same session ever showed up? It was a feature for KID HOWARD on vocal (and I presume trumpet)- and Bill Russell recorded it as a favour for someone there, if I recall correctly (and did not keep it for his archives - maybe Barry Martyn would know?). That would be interesting - as I find any bit of the Lewis band of interest, some of the best music recorded after 1942 has those musicians on it, be it under Lewis, Johnson or any other name on it.
Yves