[78-L] Dream a Little Dream of Haring

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed May 19 21:25:18 PDT 2010

>> ------------------------
>> I don't have that version, although I have the other two titles from
>> this session. I have a version by Ted Raph, also with a Ballew vocal on
>> Columbia. Also Nat King Cole, Fred Rich with Dick Robertson on Velvet
>> Tone.
>>
> ADBD I lists the side under Haring; m#10504-1
>
> Steven C. Barr

It's one of a number of great sides credited to Haring on Pe around 1931.
Most of the Haring Brunswicks (Colonial Club, etc.) don't do anything for
me,  but Bob really seemed to pep up once he moved over to cheapie ARC
labels.

Maybe the best one I've heard is his version of Building a Home For You,
which has nice TD trombone behind the vocal,  and a  very fine  and dramatic
Berigan solo after that.

Taylor