[78-L] Peach Soda in Biloxi

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue May 18 19:39:59 PDT 2010

> From: stevenc at interlinks.net
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:26:38 -0400
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Peach Soda in Biloxi

> From: "Bob Rice" <bobrice at snet.net>
> > I THOUGHT it was Moxie?!Well, Maine, is a bit away from ole Miss!

Note also that my Webster's pronouncing gazetteer DOES list "bil-LOK-see" as an accepted second choice. Let's not be too hard on Frank Loesser while we're at it..his use of that pronunciation in the song "Guys And Dolls" is in character, and he was well acquainted with the folks who populated those Damon Runyon stories. As which of us is not.