[78-L] Peach Soda in Biloxi

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon May 17 22:15:27 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> As Frank Loesser put it:> What's playin' at the Roxy?  I'll tell ya what's
> playin' at the Roxy.
> Picture about a Minnesota guy so in love with a Mississippi girl
> That he sacrifices everything and moves all the way to Biloxi...
> That's what's playin' at the Roxy...

One big problem (which suggests he had never set foot anywhere near
Biloxi...?!)!

Biloxi (as pronounced by residents of its district...!) does NOT rhyme
with "Roxy!" It is properly pronounced "Bill-uks-y!" A few years ago,
I used know (well, I still do?!) a lady who went by the name of "Roxy"
(short for Roxanne?!) here in Oshawa...she wound up getting a local
blues joint named after her, where I then played regularly!

Steven C. Barr