[78-L] FW: (no subject)

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Mon May 17 12:14:30 PDT 2010

fnarf at comcast.net wrote:
> In short, don't read your card number and three back digits to someone who called YOU, no matter whom they claim to be!

EXCELLENT advice.

And I also have to wonder about the hotel - most reputable hotels that
I've stayed at will not connect an outside caller to a room without the
name of the occupant of that room.  Several years ago I was staying at a
Disney World resort with my nieces who were in high school at the time.
One of the girls had a friend who had moved near Disney a year earlier.
She tried to call our room but the hotel would not connect her because
she didn't have my last name.  She had the room number and my niece's
last name, but the hotel had only my name attached to the room.  My
niece eventually called her friend so they did connect.  While it was
inconvenient in that situation, it is a GOOD security policy on the part
of Disney as it keeps scammers and unwanted callers from calling your room.

-- Ken