[78-L] H.R.S. Earl Hines album

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon May 17 00:36:29 PDT 2010

Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:
> Sorry Mike. I have the records but not the album. The description came
> from an H.R.S. brochure.
Han was able to supply me with a great photo of the cover, and it was
the last thing I added to the program.  I later noticed that HRS 2, the
Bix album, came out in Jan 1940 and would be eligible, and Han had
several photos of it, but I had already closed the file to record it.
So THAT picture will have to wait for the extended NYC-ARSC version of
the talk this Fall.  It will be tough to get everything I have in 45
minutes in N.O., but I'll have 2 hours in NYC and will be able to put
back the history of record sleeves.  I might do the sleeves part for
next year's national ARSC.  I will be allowing ARSC to make the talk and
the files available on-line, and I'll let everyone know when that happens.

Hope to see some of you down there.  Leah and I should be arriving Wed
afternoon.

Mike   mbiel at mbiel.com