[78-L] THis appears to be the big weekend event during ARSC Conference

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Thu May 13 10:59:30 PDT 2010

>Yes, their menu does look kind of pricey. There is a place fairly
>close to the hotel that seems to be reasonably priced - the Acme
>Oyster & Seafood House at 724 Iberville. Anyone know this joint?
>
>Cary Ginell

I was referring to food quality and service more than price. The food
is often overcooked and bland. The tip is included in the meal price,
and the waiters act like they know it.

Acme is OK if you like raw oysters and fried seafood. Another place
like this near the hotel is Felix's (at 739 Iberville), which I like
a little more. Other relatively inexpensive places include Deanie's
Seafood at 841 Iberville (sort of like Acme and Felix's with less
character but with *huge* portions), Napoleon House at 500 Chartres
(best known for their hot mufuletta - I think a mufuletta is better
unheated), Mena's Palace at 200 Chartres (I've never eaten there),
and Johnny's Po-Boys at 511 St. Louis (for the uninitiated, a Po-Boy
is a type of sandwich).

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 jeff at swazoo.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/