[78-L] "Broadcast" 12

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed May 12 12:49:26 PDT 2010

Lots of two-siders come to mind, such as Ambrose (and possibly other orchestras) doing "11 More Months and Ten More Days", Ray Noble's "Turkish Delight", Frank Crumit's "My Girl Ran Away" (admittedly not great examples since in each case the second part is just additional verses). Tommy Dorsey, Glen Gray, Jimmie Lunceford and other dance bands did quite a number of long arrangements that required two sides.

dl