[78-L] Ellington in Oregon

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 11 15:05:03 PDT 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Another Ellington question for anyone with extensive info..I have a lacquer containing an Ellington broadcast from Meadowbrook, June 8/51. This doesn't seem to be in Lord at all. June 7 and 9 are (and following dates) and the tunes seem to indicate a broadcast that hasn't been issued:
>

> How High the Moon/Brown Betty/'Sposin'/Frustration/St. Louis Blues/Primpin' for the Prom/Swamp Drums/Perdido
>

> Anyone know if this one is out there?
>

> dl (opening boxes and finding all sorts of goodies)
>
>> From: dlennick at sympatico.ca
>> To: 78-l at 78online.com
>> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:47:27 -0400
>> Subject: [78-L] Ellington in Oregon
>>

>> Anyone have the complete Ellington concert, March 22/52 at the Crystal Inn (or Crystal Garden, as it says on my discs, but it also says Salem Mass instead of Salem Oregon)? I have 4 lacquers and I'm missing what should be sides 5 and 6, containing
>>

>> Don't worry 'bout me - - , Skata 502
>> Perdido
>> Jeep is jumpin' Stardust 201, Musica Jazz (It)MJCD1153 [CD]
>> Mood indigo Folkways FJ2968, (Sp)JB54-9285/86, Sunburst 501
>> How high the moon
>>
>> Note: all titles on Stardust 201 (=Nostalgia Greats 190) also on Black label BLCD8029 [CD]
>>
>> (info from Lord).
>>

>> Is this concert currently available on CD?
>>

>> dl

Timner's "Recorded Music of Duke Ellington" gives for 8 June:

Take The "A" Train
How High The Moon
Brown Betty
S'posin'
Frustration
St. Louis Blues
Primpin' For The Prom
Swamp Drum
Perdido

Nothing shown as issued.

Witch Salem? Oregon, I would think. Duke was in Seattle, WA on 25 March.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5106 (20100511) __________

http://www.eset.com