[78-L] Reprise: Blue on Yellow Label Blue Note Record

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 10 16:02:53 PDT 2010

> From: julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Reprise: Blue on Yellow Label Blue Note Record
>
> Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:
> > Again, going back to previous postings, I came across the Monday,
> > November 23, 2009 subject of the yellow-and-blue Blue Note 78 record
> > labels. There were questions about when use of yellow and blue began,
> > when it changed to blue and white, etc.
> =========
> Some of the early 12 inchers were pink and blue. I've seen one in
> someone's collection and, also, on Ebay. Han Enderman will probably be
> able to confirm.
>
> Julian Vein

My copy of Meade Lux Lewis's "The Blues" is yellow & blue and still has its original oversized envelope. Too bad some kid (hope it wasn't me) added some pencil drawings to it.

BN 23 Josh White: Milk Cow Blues is blue & white. How did that session happen to be split between Blue Note and Musicraft (who recorded it, as far as I know)?