[78-L] Weavers on Hootenanny label

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat May 8 08:38:13 PDT 2010

Ewing Nunn marketed a toy called Hoot-Nanny.  It had two mechanical arms
that held pencils, and the arms could be arranged (in conjunction with its
internal mechanism) to make geometric drawings on circular sheets of paper
that fit into a central turntable on the toy.  I have one that belonged to
my dad when he was a child; it was called the Hoot-Nanny No 2.  From the
looks of it it dates from somewhere between the late 1920s and very early
1930s.