[78-L] Weavers on Hootenanny label

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri May 7 17:24:11 PDT 2010

I guess then the question defaults to me. OK, here is the info from the BF box:

There were 9 Hootenanny releases all together.

100  Ernie Lieberman - Spring Song/Song of My Hands (c. February 1951)
101  The Weavers - The Hammer Song/Banks of Marble (Dec. 1949) (also noted as being reviewed on Rita 101, but the it was probably never released for general circulation)
102  Ernie Lieberman - My Old Man/I'm On My Way (c. February 1951)
103  Laura Duncan/Ernie Lieberman/Betty Sanders & Osborne Smith - In Contempt/Die Gedanken Sind Frei (My Thoughts are Free) - c. 1/31/52
          / Betty Sanders - Talking Un-American Blues (c. 6/9/52)
104  Jewish Young Folksingers (Bob DeCormier, conductor) - We Shall Overcome, 1952 / Duncan-Lieberman-Sanders-Smith - Walk Along Together (c.1/31/52)
105  Laura Duncan - I've Got a Right (c. 1/31/52) / Duncan-Lieberman-Sanders-Smith - Hold On/Didn't My Lord Deliver (c. 1/31/52)
106  unissued titles: Laura Duncan - Now Right Now (1/31/52) / Duncan-Lieberman-Sanders- Smith - Put My Name Down (c.1/31/52)
               =note - the titles scheduled for Hootenanny 106 were issued on Folkways FN-2513
107  Martha Schlamme - Johnny I Hardly Knew You/Rabbi Elimelech (August 8, 1952)
108  Martha Schlamme - Michael/Dodi Li (1954)

I have all but 104, 106, & 108, but haven't had a chance to check these with the BF info.

Cary Ginell