[78-L] My new book: The Jazz Man Record Shop

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 6 19:47:54 PDT 2010

> From: stevenc at interlinks.net
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:42:30 -0400
> Subject: Re: [78-L] My new book: The Jazz Man Record Shop

> From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> > Hi all,
> > Just wanted to let you know that my new book on the Jazz Man Record Shop
> > is now completed and ready to be ordered. Just go to this link.
> >
> Related suggestion for Lennick:
>
> What about a book on Sam Sniderman, and "Sam the Record Man" (which became
> a whole chain of record stores!)...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

Hmm! That actually sounds worth doing! Sam is still alive, last I heard, and I've known him since I was wheeled into 714 College Street in 1946 (they wheeled me right back out, much to my parfents' chagrin, if not to their apartment). Too bad the Rain Brothers are no longer around (founders of what became the rival A&A store and chain).