[78-L] Signed-in-wax recordings post-Berliner (such as MaryGarden on Columbia A 1190) query.

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed May 5 21:13:56 PDT 2010

From: "Dan Van Landingham" <danvanlandingham at yahoo.com>
> What can anyone of you tell me about a series of records called
> "Columbia-Rena".I had a number of them
> once of which was a wonderful recording of "My Hero" composed by Oskar
> Straus for his operetta of
> "My Hero".

"Columbia-Rena" records were issued in the UK after Sterling took over
British Columbia.
At that time Sterling already had his own Rena record company/label going,
so he simply
combined the two for a few years, under the "double" name. This would have
been in the
WWI era; sadly, I can't recall the exact years involved...?!

Steven C. Barr