[78-L] Celery Stalks at Midnight

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 14:44:48 PDT 2010

"I Stay in the Mood for You" I had on an LP that was called "Jazz in Revolution".It was on some LP that
was connected with the U.S. government.I had the album on reel to reel tape some 25 years ago.I reme-
mber hearing Elliot Lawrence's "Five O'Clock Shadow" on the same album.I later acquired the original
Columbia 78 of it a few years later.It had a good tenor solo by Andy Pine(some discographies say "Pino")
plus a good trumpet solo by a much improved Alec Fila whom I knew of via the records of Bob Chester
we have discussed.I lost track of Fila after this 1946 recording.