[78-L] Turntables that will play 78s and 16" ETs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon May 3 17:57:57 PDT 2010

Since the choice of tone-arm was an option on this turntable, not
identifying the tone arm tells us nothing of what it will play.  If you
had chosen a different tone arm, you could have played 20-inchers on the
same turntable.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Jack Raymond <jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu>

I agree completely. I've used an SL-1100 (with the 78rpm modification)
for some 25 or 30 years with no problems whatsoever -- no servicing of
any kind -- and it still runs perfectly. My only complaint is that it
won't accommodate the two or three 17-1/2" disks that I have, but that's

a minor worry.

-- Jack Raymond