[78-L] Turntables that will play 78s and 16" ETs

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 2 22:26:51 PDT 2010

To anyone "in-the-know,"

I was wondering what are listmembers' favorite turntables for playing 16"
radio transcriptions.

I've got an Esoteric/Rek-O-Kut that does nicely (although I wish it had
quartz speed lock).

Was there ever a Technics or Panasonic model that would accommodate 16"
discs?

Occasionally I'll see mention of a 17" transcription.  Were these larger
discs used when the lacquer was intended to be plated and pressed?  I know
my Rek-O-Kut won't accommodate them.  What will?

Sammy Jones