[78-L] speaking english,

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sat May 1 12:11:10 PDT 2010

And central Texas also has a large German population.  Fredericksburg, TX
public schools used German as it's primary language into the 1940s.  Go west
from here and you get to Bergheim and Boerne and go east and you get to New
Braunfels.   Many San Antonio streets have German names and many central
Texas towns have Octoberfest every year.  Galveston was a major port of
entry for European immigrants until the 1900 hurricane.  Not everyone here
is named Bubba.