[78-L] Lum and Abner (was Pepsi, Was something else)

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 27 20:24:07 PDT 2010

I wasn't around to hear Lum and Abner when it was new, but it is one of my
all-time favorites.  I guess I've got  many hundreds (thousands?) of shows
on CD.  The 1935 Horlick's shows are great; especially in the restorations
put out by First Generation Radio Archives.

I also own a few Lum and Abner ETs, though not original 16".  These are
microgroove LPs used for syndicating the show in the '50s after the original
network/syndicated runs.  The ones I have are around episode 1200, which I
think dates to 1947 or '48.  The discs have handwritten late-50s dates on
them.  The sound is not so great: obviously a few generations down from the
original Keystone discs, and the Alka Seltzer commercials edited out to
boot!

The labels are Equity Pictures; anybody know anything about them?

Sammy Jones