[78-L] Raymond Scott CD set

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Apr 26 09:25:37 PDT 2010

At $199.99 buy-it-now, I don’t think so. Stash had a Raymond Scott
years ago from the 1930s. A check of Worlds Records shows CDs with
material mostly post-1950. Scott had many of his 1930s radio broadcasts
transcribed but the lacquers are now in some University collection,
which is the same as burying them in a hole in the ground. He also
recorded some of his own rehearsals during the 1940s when he was on CBS
radio but who knows where they might be. One I have features an
interesting performance with Dorothy Collins and some members of the
band that sound similar to recordings Les Paul made with Mary Ford.