[78-L] Links of new projects.

Thomas Edison edisonphonoworks at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 23:41:02 PDT 2010

blogs.myspace.com/thenorthamericanphonographcompany

Latest projects, are I made special replica blanks for the Thomas Edison Historical Park, in West Orange, N.J.  Go to the photos section, and there is a whole series of photos of the making of the 1888 pre metallic soap (so they are actually real "WAX" cylinders), and not metallic soap cylinders such as those starting in 1889.  Aylsworth was the person responsible for most  formulas related to Edison cylinders,white wax, brown "wax", and black "wax".  I really took a gamble making these, as there are hundreds of formulas tried around the time of the perfected Phonograph, Made with all kinds of oleic, waxes, gums and esters.  I chose 2 formulae, which I thought would turn out the yellow white color, and so I chose a stearic, ceresin, beeswax formula and another which had these plus carnauba wax, these sounded authentic when I recorded on them too, and had that swish swish sound. Jerry Fabris, and Peter Dilg both said they were so close to the originals if they got mixed up, it would be hard to tell them apart! In the phonograph are the originals and my replica records upon the 1887 and 1888 pre perfected Phonographs.