[78-L] Peggy Lee vocal effect

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Apr 25 19:17:19 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>

>> Peggy Lee was one of the first vocalists to take advantage of multi-track
>> tape recordings; one of her Mercury discs was credited to "Peggy Lee,
>> Peggy Lee, Peggy Lee, Peggy Lee!" So that vocal was probably recorded
>> on a different mike from the other vocal tracks...?!
> Mmmm...nope.  I think Mr. Barr may be thinking of Patti Paige but I
> wouldn't
> bet on it.

No, you are entirely correct! It was Patti Page who did the "quartet"
recordings...
and who also inflicted "Doggie In the Window" on us helpless listeners back
in theearly fifties...?!

My error...Saturday evenings are one of my three "beer-drinking" nights,
so I am not totally responsible for my posted comments thereupon...?!

Steven C. Barr