[78-L] Time-Like “Giants of Jazz” on Cassette Tape

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 10:47:49 PDT 2010

I forgot to mention that “Giants of Jazz” albums were also issued on
cassette tape. They come platformed in the same box as the LPs and
include the same booklet. I bought a Teddy Wilson set last year still
shrink-wrapped for four bucks at a record bash. I didn’t recall ever
seeing a cassette-tape set before. When I played parts of several of
the tapes, I got seasick because of the distorted sound. Guess they
need to be oven-heated.