[78-L] Time-Life sets

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Apr 22 22:08:14 PDT 2010

I'm still trying to complete my collection of these sets.  My problem is I don't know how many were issued.

During my CBC recording career, I once had occasion to have a coffee with Paula Kelly and Tex Beneke.  This was around the time that the T-L sets were being released.  They both expressed disappointment that they weren't invited to take part in the Miller recordings for those sets.  I had to agree that such re-issues as "Chatanooga Choo-Choo" would have been perfect with Tex Beneke re-creating his role.  He was doing Miller hits on the show I was working on at the time and he was in excellent form.  From what he said, I deduced that the decision not to use him was political.

db