[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 07:24:42 PDT 2010

Yes, Joe Thomas was on the Lunceford Majestic band, as well as such
stalwarts as Fernando Arbelo, Omer Simeon, and Truck Parham.

I probably have all those boxed sets, including the complete Time-Life
collection. Some I purchased from private vendors at really low prices
for product in excellent condition, and some from thrift stores for
never more than a few dollars. They don’t seem to have much appeal
today or much resale value but they are certainly handy when it comes
to accessing certain recordings! The Time-Life sets are excellent, if
only for the well-illustrated hardcover books.