[78-L] Good-Time Charlie

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:29:17 PDT 2010

Cuttin' Out Blues is definitely stolen from Cool Breeze. If I were the
publisher, I would have sued. Of course, this was never recorded
commercially, so maybe Dorsey was told and he stopped playing it.

Neal Hefti once told me that Rhumbacito was an accidental "borrowing" from
an Alfred Newman score. He told me that since the band played all those
theatres, he didn't realize it was that close when he wrote the piece for
Norman Granz. This was the one tune he didn't want included in a fakebook of
his tunes.

Jeff Sultanof